Hi guys, today I’m going to discuss about some essential communication technology terms such as 4G LTE, VoLTE, HD Voice and video conferencing. What it really stands for and what are the advantages and disadvantages…?
Long Term Evolution
Long Term Evolution is fourth generation mobile technology. LTE is the fastest data transfer technology which has high downloading and uploading speed. It requires fractions of seconds to connect to the network.
Voice over Long Term Evolution
Voice over Long Term Evolution is a technology for speedy wireless communication and data over 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks. When a user make a call from VoLTE supported phone voice information can be carried over a higher bandwidth pipe resulting in superior call quality, faster call connectivity and the ability to perform multitask without interrupting data speed and keep on to use 4G data services, such as web browsing and tethering, during call.
4G means fourth generation
Benefits of VoLTE
- Better call quality – The biggest benefit is that VoLTE supports better quality calls (HD calls).
- Better connectivity – VoLTE can connect calls more rapidly than a usual GSM or CDMA call. Calls can connect in about a second or two, vs. the three or more seconds.
- Improved battery life – VoLTE minimize switching to the different networks (i.e. 4G to 3G or 2G).Since less use of battery.
- Video calling – Using VoLTE technology at both the terminals can connect to a video call.
- Lower VoLTE Costs– VoLTE technology is not much expensive.
Difference between LTE and VoLTE
VoLTE: VoLTE or voice over LTE means you can simultaneously send voice and data over the network without interrupting data speed and lowering the quality of voice.
LTE: Where as in LTE the quality of voice reduces if data connection is kept on.
HD Voice: What Does HD Mean?
High Definition Voice
HD Voice is a technology that extends the frequency range of audio signals transmitted over telephone lines, resulting in more natural sounding calls.
HD Voice provides superior voice call. It reduces background noise and you will be able to differentiate between ‘s’ and ‘f’ easily.
To use HD Voice:
- A HD Voice compatible mobile phone at both caller and receiver ends.
- Both caller and receiver mobile phones need to be connected to HD capable base station.
Benefits of HD Voice
- Decline of weariness
- Less robotic and more clarity
- More precise notations
- Better conference calls
A Video conferencing is a live, video communication over a network or internet between the participants residing in separate locations .It improves conversation and brings people close together by allowing seeing each other.
Pros and cons of Video conferencing
- No time restriction: Video conferencing can be conducted at any time of the day.No specific time required for Video conferencing.
- Effortless communication: Not only communication people can use video conferencing with HD video to share files, screen sharing, electronic voting, conference recording etc.
- Saves time and money: You can have a meeting with people of many countries without travelling and spending money.
- Can see far away: With Video conferencing you can see and talk with your friends and family residing in different countries.
- Short of personal relation: Video conferencing can be less personal than meeting face to face.
- Worldwide time zones: Different countries have different time zones. So it is not confirmed to connect the people at other end at the same time.
- Poor connectivity: There might be a slight delay at the other end during connectivity which can disrupt necessary information.
- High cost: Dedicated quality Video conferencing can be a bit expensive for a small scale organization.