Hi guys, today I’m going to discuss about Google cloud printing. What it really meant for and how it can be used…?
Yes you are right! You can use printer at your home or office from anywhere in the world. It is much easy and very useful where you need not extra cable or connector but simply with the internet connection. To use Google cloud printing, first of all you need to configure the printer so that it get connected to the cloud.
Before configuring to cloud printer here are some requirements for using cloud printer.
Basic requirements to use cloud printer:
- Computer with internet connection and printer.
- Google chrome browser.
- A Gmail account.
To Configure your printer follow the steps given below:
- Open Google chrome on PC or Laptop.
- Sign in chrome browser with your Gmail id.
- Click on the three consecutive vertical dots and click on the settings from the menu.
- Now settings window will appear under chrome.
- Scroll down and click on show advanced settings link.
- Tap “Manage” button under the Google cloud print section.
- then Click on “Add Printer” button under classic printer section.
- It will show you the list of printers attached to the computer and select the printer you want to attach to the cloud.
- Now click on the “Add Printer(s)” Button.
Now your print is ready to work with the cloud.
Next thing you need to do is to use the cloud printer.
How to use Google cloud Printing?
Using cloud printer is quite easy. There are many devices from which you can use cloud printing.
I will discuss one by one.
- From Android device.
- from iphone.
- from Windows PC.
From android device:
- Open the chrome browser.
- Click on the icon
- Select the share option and Select print from the list.
- Select the cloud print.
- Now select the available printer and click on print.
- Open chrome app.
- Click on the three consecutive vertical dots.
- Select the share option and Click on print.
- Find printer from the printer options.
- When ready click on the print button.
Windows users can use Google Cloud printing easily using the chrome browser.
- On your PC, Open the chrome browser.
- Now Open the file or image you want to print.
- Then click on the three consecutive vertical dots.
- Choose print option from the list or you can simply press Ctrl+P command from the keyboard then Click on the change button to select cloud printer.
- Now click on the Print button to start printing.
One more thing to note here is that you can print from any kind of software on the windows too. But before printing you have to download the cloud print driver (link given: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/cloudprintdriver).
- After downloading cloud print driver open the file.
- Tap the print button and Select Google cloud print instead of printer.
- Then switch to Google chrome.
- It will show the printer option.
- Choose the printer and click on the print button.