Smart watch is a computer based watch tied with a strap on a wrist that offers functionality similar to Smartphone. Smart watches are designed to provide an addition to a Smartphone through Bluetooth.
After pairing with a Smartphone a smart watch user could have live access to intelligent features like internet connectivity, making and respond to the phone calls, read email and messages, weather updates, running mobile apps , health monitoring ,providing GPS navigation, listen to music, using a mobile operating system.
Some smart watches are individual devices and functional-particular, such as collecting data about the user’s health. These watches may have their own apps able of gathering and tracking data of user’s heart pulse and steps walked in a day, month or in a year. It will be capable to tell when the user is running, sitting, standing, walking and even lying down.
How does smart watch work?
Connect a smart watch to a Smartphone through Bluetooth pairing. Without Bluetooth pairing it may work like a simple time displaying watch.
Things you can do exact from your smart watch
- Obtain tips about directions.
- join to your phone from far away.
- Play music, run apps and more.
- Track Location with the help of GPS navigation.
Advantages and disadvantages of smart watches
- You can see Notifications sent to your smartwatch without removing your phone from a pocket.
- Smart watch is more user-friendly.
- You can answer your call easily while driving or walking around.
- Play music on your wrist .
- Easy to schedule your routine work.
In spite of revolutionary development there are some disadvantages of smartwatch
- Due to Small display not easy to read text messages and emails.
- Small battery since less space, lesser power.
- Not retrieve the data to sufficient accuracy.
- smartwatch does not work like a standalone device.
- High cost.