Hi guys, today I’m going to discuss about few useful tips for using iPhone X and its functionality.
iPhone is one of the best smartphone available worldwide these days. Apple has sold over 1 billion iPhones. The iPhone changed the way people used their phones.
In a revolutionary development Apple has launched iPhone X without home button and adopts new gesture -based navigation.
For now, let’s look at some of the interesting tips for using iphone and easy to use guide without home button you might not know about the iPhone X.
10+ tips for using iPhone X
How to easily navigate iPhone X
Navigation refers to move between home screens to apps, notifications and control centre etc. Let’s see how to do these tasks quickly without the home button.
- To view open apps– Sometimes you open lots of apps together and if you want to see all open apps just swipe up on screen from bottom. Group of open apps will appear on the screen.
- Switch to most recently used app– Swipe along the bottom Edge.
- To view control centre– Switch to control centre by simply swipe down from the top right corner.
- To go back to home screen– Home screen is the screen from where you start using your iPhone. If you want to go back to the home screen from any open app or notification etc. just swipe up from the bottom edge.
Whenever you receive any text message, whatsapp or Email etc. you immediately see notification appears on the top bar of the screen. Notifications disappear within few seconds if iPhone is unlocked .You see notifications in the middle of the screen if the iPhone is locked.
Let’s discuss how to see notifications and act on them
If your iPhone is unlocked
- Swipe down from the top and you will see all the notifications together.
- If you want to open notification related app just swipe notification right and tap open.
- To View or clear notification in the notification area swipe left on the notification and tap required option.
If your iPhone is locked
- Swipe up from the middle of the screen.
To quickly act on the notification tap firmly on the notification then choose the required action or tap cross button on the top right of notification to close it.
Let’s now discuss some of the more useful applications of iPhone and how to use them easily
Screenshot– Taking screenshot from iPhone is really very easy. You just have to press side button along with volume up button simultaneously. You will see SS (screenshot) appears on the bottom left corner of the screen.
Search– To search any file or app in the iPhone is quite easy. Just swipe down from the middle of the screen and search bar will appear on the top of the screen.
Give Voice command to iPhone– press and hold side button for 2-3 seconds to open siri. Siri is virtual assistant of your iPhone. You can ask siri to send message, weather update, play favourite channel on apple TV and many more. You can also call Siri by saying “Hey Siri”. For that you have to set “Hey Siri” command first.
Here is how to do that:
- Open Settings in your iPhone.
- Navigate to ‘Siri & Search’ and then listen to Siri in order to set up your voice.
- Once this has been done and enabled,
Now you just say, “Hey Siri” to open virtual assistant and give voice command to get things done on iPhone.
Last but not the least, some of the basic functionality of iPhone is discussed as follows:
Sleep your iPhone– Press the side button once.
Wake up your iPhone– Tap screen or swipe up.
Switch off your iPhone– Press and hold side button along with volume button. You will see slide to switch off and then swipe that button to tight.
Switch on iPhone– Press and hold side button until you see Apple logo on the screen.
What do you think?
Did you enjoy reading this article? Still if there is something new you have all the time wanted to know-how. Let us know and we assure we’ll do our best to discover it and send you there. Let us know in the comments!